I will soon do updates with my finished minis but for now i will write a lil bit about my current project.
"Mopping up the streets" diorama.
I started from making this little piece od city styled terrain;
Nothing crazy, I know, but hopefully it will get better.
Next i started working on the first of Space Marines
First thing was a little bit of modding - changing his bolter in to combi-melta
then i started painting that little sucker
nothing crazy here either, just an Ultramarines 6th Company
This is one of the first Marines I got and this is the "3 parts snap-fit" so i didnt do much to it, But now that i think of it should have changed the pose to make it more dynamic. Oh well.... Live and learn.
And the second one - a Sergeant:
and then this:
After that i did some more work the the base itself:
basicaly scribrd all of the bricks, then added sand and some fine rubles.
After that some painting - just a base coat
In the meantime i painted some ripper swarms and a genestealer (wich hadn't photographed apparently)
I decided to go with Hive Fleet Kraken and here is one of them unfinished
Later as my good friend Decay sugested i gloss coated the armor and flat coated the body, IMO it creates a nice alien feel on them.
This post is getting quite long alredy BUT there is still few things i want to add :D
The third and I think last marine (not sure yet about that,,, could use some input on the matter ;) )
started with some painting and higlighting:
Obviously a long way for him...
And the last but not least my Tyranid Prime - Used parts of the Warrior and some other bits i bought cheap in a "bits pack" - some of them i also got from Decay
some steps in the painting process
and after painintg and gloss/falt coating
now comes the fun part for him.... but that and much more in the next post ;]